- 15,000 - 30,000 tonnes per year; up to 32 strands 8.0 – 30mm diameter.
- CuOF (oxygen-free high conductivity) copper wire rod
- Induction melting equipment
- Drum-type cathode melting furnace; induction heating holding furnace with graphite components; enclosed metal transfer
- Automatic cathode feed
- Rautomead casting technology; including withdrawal & tooling
- PLC Controlled Coil Formation
- Coil Weight: up to 4000kgs
- Space required: 20m x 50m
- The RDG 360 continuous casting line features Rautomead casting, cooling, withdrawal, controls & coiling technology combined with induction heated cathode and a seperate channel melting furnace.
Scope of Supply normally includes the following:
Automatic cathode feed, furnace, withdrawal, platform, controls, coilers, primary water circuit and all interconnecting wiring & plumbing. The equipment is assembled, installed and tested before being dismantled and packed for export.
After delivery, assembly and installation, start-up & commissioning are supervised by Rautomead engineers. Comprehensive training in the operation and maintenance of the casting equipment is provided during commissioning.
End Use Applications:
- Enamelled WIre
- Superfine Wire
- Data Communication Wire / Telecom Wire
- Power Cable
- Holding capacity 24 tonnes; tapping weight 12 tonnes
- Connected load 1350 kVA; nominal load 1100 kW
- No. of inductors = 2
- Holding capacity 14 tonnes; tapping weight 8.5 tonnes
- Connected load 360 kVA; nominal load 300 kW