- Orientation: Horizontal
- 1 strand billet up to 250mm diameter, or
- 2 strands billet up to 200mm diameter, or
- 4 strands wire rod up to 32mm diameter, or
- 8 strands wire rod up to 28mm diameter
- 1 strand strip from 15mm to 400mm wide
- Graphite crucible 155 litres
- 240 kVA power rating
- 1350 deg.C maximum furnace temperature
- 430 kg/hr integrated melting & casting (bronze ingot)
- 1100 kg/hr separate primary melting (molten bronze)
Where appropriate the RX 1400 machine may be used in conjunction with separate primary melting equipment to increase output capacity to 1100kg/hr.
- 1289; 5798; 10794; 11098; 13179
- AC or AC positional servo
- primary melting equipment; plant monitoring; rod coiling; billet/bar cutting & handling
Rautomead technology provides the capability to produce top quality continuous cast alloy shapes by offering accurate control and repeatability of production parameters.
The graphite crucible provides a naturally reducing environment in which to contain the liquid metal. It is conducive to beh production of metallurgically clean, oxygen-free cast product without inclusions, voids or other defects.
The electric resistance graphite heating system operates at a safe, low voltage and is simple to operate and maintain.
RX 1400 model continuous casting machines are manufactured to order. Specification of withdrawal unit, controls and tooling are selected to suit each particular customer's requirements.
Machines are installed and tested at the Rautomead factory before packing and dispatch. Rautomead engineers are available to supervise installation, start-up, commissioning and training of customer's engineers.