- Orientation: Horizontal
- Rod diameter: 4 to 95mm
- Tube diameter: 25 to 95mm - 5 to 14mm min wall thickness
- Strip width: 15 to 200mm wide - 3 to 25mm thick (width dependant)
- Rod no. of strands: 1x 25-95mm dia, 2x 25-70mm dia - 4x 10-25mm dia
- Tube no. of strands: 1x 25-95mm dia, 2x 25-70mm dia - 4x 22-25mm dia
- Strip no of strands: 1x 15-200mm wide, 2x 40-75mm wide (3-25mm thick)
- Crucible capacity: 19 litres / 200kg (6300 troy oz Ag) - fully lined
- Crucible capacity: 24 litres / 250kg (8100 troy oz Ag) - top liner only
- Power: 105 kVA
- Temperature: 1350 deg.C maximum furnace temperature
- Output ingot feed: 200 kg/hr (fine silver ingot)
- Output liquid feed: 200 kg/hr (fine silver &silver alloy from separate melting furnace app 50% of crucible capacity every 30 mins)
- Output ingot feed: 300 kg/hr (fine gold ingot)
- Output liquid feed: 300 kg/hr (fine gold and gold alloy from separate melting furnace app 50% of crucible capacity every 30 mins)
- 1861; 1289; 5953
Withdrawal drive options:
- AC positional servo; AC electric motor
- in-line coiling; product cutting; bar handling; sparge; operator platform
Rautomead technology provides the capability to produce top quality continuous cast alloy shapes by offering accurate control and repeatability of production parameters.
The graphite crucible provides a naturally reducing environment in which to contain the liquid metal. It is conducive to the production of metallurgically clean, oxygen-free cast product.
The electric resistance graphite heating system operates at a safe, low voltage and is simple to operate and maintain.
RMT 200 model continuous casting machines are manufactured to order. Specification of withdrawal unit, controls and tooling are selected to suit each particular customer's requirements.
Machines are installed and tested at the Rautomead factory before packing and dispatch. Rautomead engineers are available to supervise installation, start-up, commissioning and training of customer's engineers.