- Orientation: Horizontal
- Rod diameter: 4 to 70mm
- Tube diameter: 25 to 70mm - 5 to 14mm min wall thickness
- Strip width: 15 to 150mm wide - 3 to 25mm thick (width dependant)
- Rod no. of strands: 1x 25-70mm dia, 2x 25-70mm dia - 4x 10-25mm dia
- Tube no. of strands: 1x 25-70mm dia, 2x 25-70mm dia - 4x 22-25mm dia
- Strip no of strands: 1x 15-150mm wide, 2x 40-75mm wide (3-25mm thick)
- Crucible capacity: 9 litres / 80kg (2560 troy oz Ag) - fully lined
- Crucible capacity: 13litres / 120kg (3840 troy oz Ag) - top liner only
- Power: 75 kVA
- Temperature: 1350 deg.C maximum furnace temperature
- Output ingot feed: 100 kg/hr (fine silver ingot)
- Output liquid feed: 100 kg/hr (fine silver and sliver alloy from separate melting furnace app 50% of crucible capacity every 30 mins)
- Output ingot feed: 150 kg/hr (fine gold ingot)
- Output liquid feed: 150 kg/hr (fine gold and gold alloy from separate melting furnace app 50% of crucible capacity every 30 mins)
- 1861; 1289; 5953
Withdrawal drive options:
- AC positional servo; AC electric motor
- in-line coiling; product cutting; bar handling; sparge; operator platform
Rautomead technology provides the capability to produce top quality continuous cast alloy shapes by offering accurate control and repeatability of production parameters.
The graphite crucible provides a naturally reducing environment in which to contain the liquid metal. It is conducive to the production of metallurgically clean, oxygen-free cast product.
The electric resistance graphite heating system operates at a safe, low voltage and is simple to operate and maintain.
RMT 100 model continuous casting machines are manufactured to order. Specification of withdrawal unit, controls and tooling are selected to suit each particular customer's requirements.
Machines are installed and tested at the Rautomead factory before packing and dispatch. Rautomead engineers are available to supervise installation, start-up, commissioning and training of customer's engineers.