Laboratory Analysis/ Metallurgical Studies
Rautomead AMT department metallurgical laboratory provides technical support and analysis for continuous cast materials produced during Sample Manufacturing and R&D Casting trials.
Rautomead AMT, in collaboration with R&D partner (University of Dundee laboratory), offers a full testing and material evaluation capability. Detailed, in-depth studies and reports of material characteristics of the as-cast continuous cast samples.
Equipment for metallurgical studies include:
- Spectromaxx metal analyser
- Olympus X-Ray Florescence (XRF)
- sample preparation kit – hot mount press, rotary griner, rotary polisher, ultrasonic cleaner
- SEM electron microscope
- EDX Energy Dispersive X-Ray
- digital optical microscopy (OM)
- tensile testing
- conductivity/resistivity testing
This equipment can provide commentary and characterisation from a wide range of aspects, typical examples being:
- alloy configuration
- SEM/EDX analysis of particles, slag, etc
- SEM/EDX analysis of rich phases
- tensile strength measurement
- elongation measurement
- crack depth analysis
- grain structure reading
- dendritic growth measurement
Laboratory facilities and product evaluation capability is primarily used to support sample manufacture and R&D continuous casting activities of the Rautomead AMT department.
The laboratory is also available to be commissioned to undertake metallurgical studies of non-ferrous metal samples.
For more information or to request a quotation please contact Rautomead.