- 10,000 – 12,000 tonnes per year; 10-12 strands
- 8.0 – 30mm diameter
- CuOF (oxygen-free high conductivity) copper wire rod
- Single melting & casting furnace; capacity 11 tonnes
- Induction melting technology - with graphite components; 660 kVA installed power;
- 550 kW nominal load
- Automatic cathode feed
- Rautomead withdrawal & tooling
- Rautomead casting technology
- PLC Controlled Coil Formation
- Coil Weight: up to 4000kgs
- Space required: 15m x 30m
Scope of Supply normally includes the following:
Automatic cathode feed, furnace, withdrawal, platform, controls, coilers, primary water circuit and all interconnecting wiring & plumbing. The equipment is assembled, installed and tested before being dismantled and packed for export.
After delivery, assembly and installation, start-up & commissioning are supervised by Rautomead engineers. Comprehensive training in the operation and maintenance of the casting equipment is provided during commissioning.